So what does a demand-side platform do, exactly? They typically offer the following common features:
- A single system that connects to multiple ad exchanges and other media suppliers, accessed by a single user interface.
- Campaign management tools to manually target or automatically optimize campaigns.
- Automated bid management capabilities, often including real-time bidding.
- Advanced analysis and “decisioning” about the value and desirability of ad impression opportunities.
- Ability to capture and manage brand data and third-party data to improve targeting.
- Control of budgets and campaign rates — across all media sources.
- Fully integrated reporting of campaign performance across multiple media suppliers.