The only things that sound new here are being partner friendly and moving faster. Everything else is same old..
Mayer outlined Yahoo’s guiding strategy:
- The goal is to become something users touch every day.
- Yahoo will focus more. To paraphrase: “Do more of what we’re good at and less of what we’re not.”
- Yahoo will be partner friendly.
- Yahoo will be strong in mobile by 2015.
- Projects will only be green-lit if they can scale to 100 million users or $100 million in revenue.
- Yahoo will move faster, giving employees more deadlines, ownership, resources, and tools.